08 September 2012

Journey To AFA ID 2012

Some progress photo of Flynn Scifo costume. Most of it have edited using Instagram (; ▽ ;)

First, the reference picture, of course XD
i print it twice in different paper because i will give it to the tailor and the other one i'll use it for reference.
but then suddenly my printer runs out of ink D8

Flynn, is that you? (; ▽ ;)

Pink version of Flynn, noooooooooooooo >,<
Gladly my dad allow me and my sis to print in his office
then his office printer suddenly broken when printing Kaoru's Yuri reference >8D


half done costume, front side, without the robe


finished costume, with robe>▽< 

Actually, I'm kinda unsure with Flynn's reference, because there is 2 version of it.
Most of cosplayer make Flynn's costume with black sleeve.
But I make the blue sleeve version.
So I feel desperate and think that I made it wrong orz
But, yeah, no worries. It'll be covered with armor tho...

By the way, this is my 2nd time making armor from craft foam. My first armor works is Blassreiter Amalgam Xargin costume for Hellofest. But it haven't finised until now... Well... it finished tho... but... not perfect yet... orz *I've wear it for photosession at IXPO UNPAR*
So when I working on this project i feel like, "oh man, I'm so genius!!"
*too cocky lol*

Start working on the armor when fasting month start. Messing the house with a pile of craft foam sheet, making me the tea maker at that time trouble by my own act XDDD

i've tidied up some of it, the craft foam sheet have been folded nicely :p


the result, shoulder armor, thigh armor, and forearm armor
somehow the forearm remind me of Assassin Cross armor (f=_=)

At first i choose to using velcro for forearm armor. But it turns out super weird >,<.
Then i choose to replace the velcro with zipper. It is more comfortable :3


sew the zipper for shank part

Oh yeah, when adding round detail of my shoulder armor, some of super glue i use drip to my thigh and permeate through the jeans *gladly it is Kaoru's jeans :p*
It feels like you were tortured with hot burned iron bars.
X____x

making the shoes :D
I make this while watching a horror film, on Thursday night

I made the shoes using my unused sport shoes. My mom still use it tho, but since she already bought a new one so i use it :9
*gladly she allow me to use it XD*
At first time i want to use the same shoes as Kaoru use for Yuri's. But the shoes she bought is Rp. 50.000,-
Using Rp. 50.000,- shoes to be covered permanently with craft foam is WASTING MONEY!!!
 I will be killed by mom orz

Then the progress stopped because I have to go to Singapore and back 2 days before AFA. But when i come back to Indonesia, i still feel so tired then i start again 1 days before AFA (; ▽ ;)
SUICIDE !!!!

coating armor part with PVC glue before spray it with pylox
i place it under the blazing sun so it will be dry quickly :9

With Kaoru help, i finish working the rest at 3.00 am on the 1st of September, a.k.a the AFA day (; ▽ ;)
If she didn't help me, maybe i'll not sleep that day orz


spraying in the morning before i go to Jakarta orz

Too bad when i want to sew velcro for my shoulder armor, suddenly IT'S MISSING!!!
That's why i really troubled at the event because my shoulder fall continously orz *gladly i had add rubber*
Thanks to my sis and Chizu, they help me righted my shoulder TAT

Ah yeah, too bad i have no time to make Flynn's sword. But next time i'll complete it all, and fix my shoulder and gloves!!!! ( ' v ')9

(。・▽・)ノシ thank you for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment